It is very important to drink a lot of water after the treatment has been carried out – this treatment is a form of detoxification and it may cause you to feel worse than you started before getting better.
Lymphatic drainage massage is not suitable for anyone, especially if you are suffering from tumours of any sort, thrombosis or major heart problems. Also, medical advice should be sought before having a lymphatic drainage massage if you suffer from any sort of cancer, diabetes, thyroid or kidney problems, asthma or epilepsy.
Benefits of having a lymphatic drainage massage can be:
- Aiding in healing post-operation
- Reducing oedema (swelling) especially if you’re pregnant and suffering from swollen feet/legs
- Reducing the frequency of colds you may be experiencing
- Those going through radiotherapy/chemotherapy for cancer
- If you’re struggling to breastfeed
- Aid in relaxation